Minutes 8 Sept 2015

WING VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER  2015 7.30pm

PRESENT: Sally [Chair], Joanne, Mary, Bryan, John, Paul B, Paul O, Richard.

APOLOGIES: Anne, Kaz.

MINUTES:  Of the last meeting held on 8th June were signed and approved by Sally

MATTERS ARISING:

Bookings Clerk

It was decided that Sally approach Mr. Mrs. Cox to take on the task of Village Hall bookings clerk with an increase of salary to £200 per month.

The committee recorded their thanks to Judith Oakley and agreed that flowers be sent to her.

Online Banking

Sally will approach HSBC to sign a bank mandate and to liaise with Paul with regard to online banking.

HEALTH AND SAFETY

Disabled parking:

Paul and Joanne will action the task of signage for the disabled parking bay.

Chairs:  

It was agreed by the committee that 10-12 chairs with arms be purchased for the hall for less able users.

It was agreed that the Anglian Water Marquee be sold to enable more storage space in the hall for stacking chairs.

Freezer:  

A note to be put on the freezer to advise that it is to be used by village hall only.

Building Flood:

Following a recent flood in the hall due to unusually heavy rain, it was decided the clean out the drain.

GOOD NEIGHBOUR SCHEME

There is to be a meeting on Thursday 10th September at 7.30pm to enable potential users to discuss the scheme and see the constitution.

TEAS

A total of £897.4 was achieved this season. The committee thanked Joanne for all her hard work.

Following a discussion it was agreed that the offering Sunday teas would be on the agenda in January next year.

RIDE AND STRIDE

Following the Ride and Stride there will be a Village BBQ on Saturday 12th September.

VILLAGE COOKBOOK

It was reported that that although some recipes had been delivered, more were needed and that Mary will continue to action this.

FUTURE EVENTS

Harvest Lunch 11th October

Church Quiz Saturday 14th November

Senior Citizens Christmas Lunch Sunday 13th December.

Centre Stage production. Romeo and Juliet. Saturday 28th November

Possible Cheese and Wine event at the end of January.

TREASURES REPORT

HSBC deposit account  £8,153.97.

HSBC Current account  £10,129.12.

It was agreed that the Parish Council be approached with a view to taking over the WI FI account, after the initial two years, to enable VAT to be claimed.

Bryan will raise this at the next meeting of the parish Council.

AOB

Defibrillator:

It was agreed that £50 be made available to pay for training during Autumn/ winter.

Joanne agreed to arrange this.

Keys

Paul is to install a combination lock on the key press.

Website

John and Paul will be updating the website for the time being and any information should be sent to them.

Notice boards

Joanne is sorting out the overcrowded notice boards.

Picture

There was a request that the ‘sheep shearing ‘ picture be rehung in the hall.

Pensioners Christmas Lunch

As Jan Hollowell is unable to undertake the organization this year it was decided the Sarah McAllister be approached. Mary will undertake to do this and circulate the committee.

DATE OF NEXT MEETING. MONDAY 2ND NOVEMBER 2015 AT 7.30PM.

%d bloggers like this: