This is just one of the apps that purport to make giving the exact location easier than latitude/longitude, but to me it is easier to tell someone that you are at “yield.redeeming.chosen” than “J888+WR,Wing,UK” which it the PlusCode ( ANOTHER universal address scheme) address of my house.
The residents of Wing have requested an election to be held in order to elect 1 Parish Council member.
PLEASE get your nomination papers ASAP from Rutland County Council. The papers must be handed to the Returning Officer at Rutland County Council by 4pm August 15th 2019.
Remember there will only be an election if more than 2 people stand – YOU know you would love to be a Parish Councillor.
The election date is scheduled for September 12th.
Rutland County Council
NOTICE OF ELECTION ELECTION OF A COUNCILLOR For the Area of WING PARISH
1. An election is to be held for a Councillor for the said Parish.
2. Nomination papers must be delivered to the RETURNING OFFICER, RUTLAND COUNTY COUNCIL, CATMOSE, OAKHAM, RUTLAND LE15 6HP between the hours of 10am and 4pm on any day after the date of this notice, but not later than 4 pm on Thursday, 15 August 2019.
3. Nomination papers may be obtained from the offices of the RETURNING OFFICER, RUTLAND COUNTY COUNCIL, CATMOSE, OAKHAM LE15 6HP, during the times stated above.
4. If an election is contested, the poll will take place on Thursday, 12th September 2019.
5. Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 12 midnight on , 27th August 2019. Applications can be made online: https://www.yourvotematters.co.uk/.
6. Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal or postal proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at RUTLAND COUNTY COUNCIL, CATMOSE, OAKHAM, LE15 6HP by 5 pm on the Wednesday, 28th August 2019.
7. Applications to vote by proxy except on the grounds of a medical emergency must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at RUTLAND COUNTY COUNCIL, CATMOSE, OAKHAM, LE15 6HP by 5 pm on Wednesday, 4 th September 2019.
8. Applications to vote by proxy on the grounds of a physical incapacity or for work / service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at RUTLAND COUNTY COUNCIL, CATMOSE, OAKHAM by 5pm on Polling Day. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5pm on Wednesday, 4th September 2019. To apply on the grounds of work / service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5pm on Wednesday, 4th September 2019.
Dated: Wednesday, 7th August 2019
HELEN BRIGGS RETURNING OFFICER
Printed & Published by the RETURNING OFFICER, RUTLAND COUNTY COUNCIL CATMOSE OAKHAM RUTLAND
This, ‘O What a Beautiful Evening’ show is SOLD OUT but there may be RETURNS ONLY available. My contact number is 01572 737394
Just in case you missed it:
Currently, Rutland County Council have issued a notice that Wing Parish Council have a vacancy, created by a seat at the election not being taken up. This is advertised on the RCC website, noticeboard and Wing’s noticeboard on the Top St, bus shelter. The notice is giving electors in Wing the opportunity to request that an election is held to fill this vacancy.
If 10 electors advise RCC, in writing of this within 14 days of the notice, an election will be held and anyone can stand by completing a nomination pack as in the May elections. If no, or insufficient, electors request an election then Wing PC will be given leave to co-opt to fill the vacancy.