This is just one of the apps that purport to make giving the exact location easier than latitude/longitude, but to me it is easier to tell someone that you are at “yield.redeeming.chosen” than “J888+WR,Wing,UK” which it the PlusCode ( ANOTHER universal address scheme) address of my house.
The residents of Wing have requested an election to be held in order to elect 1 Parish Council member.
PLEASE get your nomination papers ASAP from Rutland County Council. The papers must be handed to the Returning Officer at Rutland County Council by 4pm August 15th 2019.
Remember there will only be an election if more than 2 people stand – YOU know you would love to be a Parish Councillor.
The election date is scheduled for September 12th.
Rutland County Council
NOTICE OF ELECTION ELECTION OF A COUNCILLOR For the Area of WING PARISH
1. An election is to be held for a Councillor for the said Parish.
2. Nomination papers must be delivered to the RETURNING OFFICER, RUTLAND COUNTY COUNCIL, CATMOSE, OAKHAM, RUTLAND LE15 6HP between the hours of 10am and 4pm on any day after the date of this notice, but not later than 4 pm on Thursday, 15 August 2019.
3. Nomination papers may be obtained from the offices of the RETURNING OFFICER, RUTLAND COUNTY COUNCIL, CATMOSE, OAKHAM LE15 6HP, during the times stated above.
4. If an election is contested, the poll will take place on Thursday, 12th September 2019.
5. Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 12 midnight on , 27th August 2019. Applications can be made online: https://www.yourvotematters.co.uk/.
6. Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal or postal proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at RUTLAND COUNTY COUNCIL, CATMOSE, OAKHAM, LE15 6HP by 5 pm on the Wednesday, 28th August 2019.
7. Applications to vote by proxy except on the grounds of a medical emergency must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at RUTLAND COUNTY COUNCIL, CATMOSE, OAKHAM, LE15 6HP by 5 pm on Wednesday, 4 th September 2019.
8. Applications to vote by proxy on the grounds of a physical incapacity or for work / service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at RUTLAND COUNTY COUNCIL, CATMOSE, OAKHAM by 5pm on Polling Day. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5pm on Wednesday, 4th September 2019. To apply on the grounds of work / service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5pm on Wednesday, 4th September 2019.
Dated: Wednesday, 7th August 2019
HELEN BRIGGS RETURNING OFFICER
Printed & Published by the RETURNING OFFICER, RUTLAND COUNTY COUNCIL CATMOSE OAKHAM RUTLAND
This, ‘O What a Beautiful Evening’ show is SOLD OUT but there may be RETURNS ONLY available. My contact number is 01572 737394
Just in case you missed it:
Currently, Rutland County Council have issued a notice that Wing Parish Council have a vacancy, created by a seat at the election not being taken up. This is advertised on the RCC website, noticeboard and Wing’s noticeboard on the Top St, bus shelter. The notice is giving electors in Wing the opportunity to request that an election is held to fill this vacancy.
If 10 electors advise RCC, in writing of this within 14 days of the notice, an election will be held and anyone can stand by completing a nomination pack as in the May elections. If no, or insufficient, electors request an election then Wing PC will be given leave to co-opt to fill the vacancy.
The Barn Dance by kind permission of Richard and Mary Tulloch was a success with all participants enjoying themselves. Some photos are here,
SUMMER FETE – BARROWDEN – starts at 12.00, 29th June.
Lots of family fun on the village green ; BBQ, Pimms, traditional fete stalls;classic cars.
Battle of Britain Flypast.
Plus the renowned Duck Race on the pond.
Proceeds to St Peter’s Church and village groups.
Plus on the next day :
BARROWDEN OPEN GARDENS
Sunday June 30th from 12 noon until 5pm.8 interesting gardens will be open to the public.Tickets on the day from the tent onthe Village Green. £5.00 for adults
Accompanied kids under 16 go free.
Cream teas available in one gardenProceeds to St Peter’s Church Re-ordering.
RIDE AND STRIDE Saturday 14th September 2019.
Rutland Ride+Stride is a sponsored event for cyclists, joggers, walkers and horse riders. The event is held in Rutland once every two years in order to raise money for the preservation of the county’s beautiful and ancient church buildings. Ride+Stride was last held in 2017, and the next event is Saturday 14th September 2019.
Participants challenge themselves to visit as many churches as they can by their chosen mode of transport and at the same time raise money to support the work of the Rutland Historic Churches Preservation Trust. Whilst many of our participants choose to walk or cycle we welcome anyone who is willing to take on a personal challenge. Horse riders are welcome and we’d love to see a unicyle or three-legged team or mobility scooters!
Have a fun day and help support the Churches of Rutland.
Sponsorship forms are available from Patrick and Judith 01572737199.
My wife Lesley and l recently invited friends, family and neighbours to help us with the Dedication Ceremony (inauguration) of our new Chartres-inspired labyrinth, which has been two years in the making here at Chater Valley Farm, Pilton. The labyrinth is open to the public but we just ask that people wishing to walk it contact us beforehand in case we’re tied up with farm work. Here is a link to the Veriditas website telling you about labyrinths. https://veriditas.org/New-to-the-Labyrinth.
I trained as a Labyrinth Facilitator with Veriditas last year at Bedford University. Our labyrinth is a “medieval” design based on the famous labyrinth at Chartres cathedral in France. We were inspired to build it after reading the words of Danish philosopher and poet Soren Kierkegaard, who said:
“Every human being comes to earth with sealed orders. However we need the tools to find our orders and decipher them. Many people find their way to the labyrinth in searching for their own special talents. The labyrinth is a transformational tool that can help people discover their sealed orders.”
The labyrinth and the meditative walks it offers is the final step in the offerings here ar Chater Valley, which include ‘Back to Nature’ Retreats, Equine Therapy, Biofield Tuning, Sound (& Gong) Therapy & Healing, and Wellness workshops.
So there are now two labyrinths in Rutland that we are aware of. The other one, known simply as The Old Maze, is of course in Wing itself and is one of only eight surviving turf labyrinths, and has existed for a couple of hundred years.
We shall occasionally be organising special hosted events such as combined SoundBaths and candlelit labyrinth walks. Email us if you’d like to know the dates.
Or if you’d prefer to walk the labyrinth alone or with friends please call us on 01780 720660 or 07768 466968.
Malcolm & Lesley Malcolm@chatervalley.com