Sunday 26 saw an assembly of Liz Knights admirers at the Village Hall to celebrate her Birthday. Here are some shots taken at the lunch:-
Or Joanne has tickets. 737286 firstname.lastname@example.org
This is the organisation that enables us to put on shows in the Village Hall.
£19,625 (Full time/ 35hours per week/ flexitime)
Live & Local are seeking a full time Administrator.
The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out and supervising a range of general administrative and financial duties that facilitate the smooth running of our office, events and projects. The role will also provide you with the opportunity to attend Live & Local events.
You should be an efficient and enthusiastic with excellent organisational, communication and computer skills. Applicants should have strong interpersonal skills as the role also requires you to answer telephone enquiries and support volunteers in the build-up to shows. Previous office administrative experience and a passion for the arts are essential.
Deadline: Noon, Thursday 5th July 2018
Interviews: Thursday 12th July 2018
Starting: w/c 20th August 2018
Application: Via online application form only. Application pack available for download on our jobs page:www.liveandlocal.org.uk
From Lindsay O’Conner, Event Coordinator:
Please can you kindly give some thought to speaking to respective partners and family around volunteers for the event, we are really low on the uptake at the moment so it would be very helpful to get some names in the frames. Small tasks to larger ones all needing support…an example… we will need someone to support Jim Reeves on his cherry picker with help putting up bunting on the day before the event from outside the village hall and along Top Street. Another area we need support …Oxen cart rides … we need someone to ensure that on the day Ahimsa Diary have everything they need to support this activity, the volunteer will need to ensure the signs are in place on the day for where the rides will be taking place and will need to manage a float and may need table and chairs to support this activity …. ideally this candidate should like animals ! even if not close up and personal.
We will need a group of people to help tidy up the street after the days’ event from around 5pm in order we can prepare for the evening event in good time. Signage will need removing and collecting so road opens and further to that, the marquee will need to be set up in the village car park for the evening event.
During the day’s event, we need support in the form of car parking supervision/Marshalling, again we need to ask around please as Paul Brewer will need support.
By 11pm it will be just like Christmas day over in a flash…left only with the tidying up!!… At 11pm we will need help to clear up so please, do think about yourselves or family, friends who will be prepared to commit to formally being part of the closing of the event team! I am in the process of sorting out the breakfast van for the morning of the event so a nice bacon butty might be tempting enough to bring people onto the streets to help get us up and running.
LASTLY, for today ..prize giving and raffle draw at 4pm (dog show ladies if you would like the dog show results announced by your judge that’s fine) we can extend the general prizes and raffle draw to another person. Sally has asked that you all give some thought as to whom in Wing might like to present prizes and draw the raffle. This someone might be for example the longest Wing Resident if able to take part do you know who this might be ?…perhaps there is someone not at the forefront of what goes on in the village but whom you feel would be delighted to be included and thought of. Please let me know your thoughts as to who this person might be and why you think they are the right candidate. If we have more than one response I will update Sally and perhaps it will go to a vote.
We have a challenge! We need signs making for the Summerfest, ideally wooden signs like the old fashioned village street signs. We can, if required, supply plastic self-adhesive 2-inch letters if someone will supply or make the wooden signs with the arms painted with white gloss paint.
If you can help make one or more of these, text or phone John Oakley on 07462808313 or email email@example.com
One to go by the Maze with signs pointing:
- Straight over green saying “Dog Show”
- Right saying “Village Hall, Church and Exhibitions”
- Right saying “Artisan Market”
- Pointing left: “Dog Show”
- Pointing left: “Art Exhibition”
- Pointing left: “Food and Drink Court”
- Pointing right: “Wingledon” yes, that’s right – Wing’s Wimbledon
- Pointing right: “Zorbes”
- Pointing right: “Competition”
- to go at top of Church Street pointing down
- same to go at top of Middle Street
- same to go at top of Reeves Lane
- “Toilets in Village Hall and car park” to go throughout village.
- Signs directing cars to “Car Park”
- from Morcott Road end (to go where tea sign is) and
- from Reeves Lane end saying “car park follow diversion signs”.
- One final sign for “Entrance to Car Park” .
Due to the imminent retirement of the current manager, the Wing Village Hall Committee is seeking a local applicant to make sure that the Village Hall is kept up to the current high standards.
This is a paid position.
Purpose of the Role: To manage the general day-to-day maintenance of the hall overseeing any queries and to ensure the hall is in a fit state for hirers.
Management tasks: To be the line manager to both the cleaner and any person supporting the maintenance role by assisting with heavy duty tasks and lawnmowing when required.
Regular activities: The job includes:
- Checking the state of the hall periodically and reporting to the committee of any major issues.
- Tidying up the hall generally, checking for breakages, blown bulbs etc.
- Managing the notice boards and removing litter.
- Checking the postbox and making sure the appropriate member of the committee is informed of any correspondence.
- Checking the janitorial supplies ( cleaners etc.) and topping up as required.
- Checking and replacing paper towels and toilet rolls.
- Monitoring the cleaning and arrange for additional cleaning when required.
- Maintain regular communication with the cleaner and updating her on the weekly bookings so she can organise her time accordingly.
- Scheduling the mowing of the lawn.
Anyone interested in taking on this vital role should contact the Village Hall Committee Chair, Sally Cox ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) Tel: 07976936509, to discuss the extent of these tasks, the timing and the remuneration
The village hall has inherited a collection of Invalid Aids so if anyone finds them useful see Angie Woods email@example.com