Press Release: 7th October 2020
£450 million for our Hospitals. Have your say
Public to be consulted on multi-million pound hospital proposals
Rutland’s population is changing. There are more people, and they are living longer. Which means that the acute hospital and maternity services designed for Rutland in earlier times also need to change to make modern treatments, imaging, and medical technologies available. University Hospitals Leicester (UHL) is therefore proposing a £450 million development called Building Better Hospitals for the Future which is designed to improve patient care, achieve better patient outcomes, and get staff working in the best place to make this happen.
As part of the project, UHL is running a public consultation exercise until 21st December 2020 so that the people of Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland can say what they think about what is being planned. Not just the lobby groups, doctors, councillors and officials. UHL wants to hear from members of the general public, they are after all the ones for whom the new services are intended.
To make sure this happens, UHL is contacting Rutland’s sports clubs, music groups, churches, social clubs, neighbourhood groups and pubs – everywhere and anywhere local people can be found – to tell them about the consultation, and help and encourage them to get involved by going to the Better Hospitals website, watching the videos, reading the information and filling in the survey form.
A video about what is being planned and why is here: Introduction to Better Hospitals or with subtitles here: Introduction to Better Hospitals (sub titles).To read about the consultation in more detail, download all the documents and background information, and complete the survey, look here: https://www.bettercareleicester.nhs.uk/
Notes to editors.
- 1 The digital press office is here: https://www.betterhospitalsleicester.nhs.uk/news-and- media-centre/press-office/ and Press releases are here: https://www.betterhospitalsleicester.nhs.uk/news-and-media-centre/news/
- 2 For general media enquiries about the Building Better Hospitals consultation or if you require any of the asset in different formats or resolutions, please contact Melanie Shilton (details below).
- 3 The following videos are available to promote the consultation:
- Launch video: https://youtu.be/MN5B7zMwVR4
- Launch video (with subtitles): https://youtu.be/MN5B7zMwVR4
- Promotional advert: https://youtu.be/jd9AMkh0zJ4
- Promotional advert (with subtitles): https://youtu.be/S9ZJVgf73sY
- Leicester Glenfield Hospital fly-through video: https://youtu.be/K4Fehf8E-Ug
- Leicester Royal Infirmary fly-through video: https://youtu.be/sRDXRZL-VY4
- 4 Further information on the public consultation is available on the website: https://www.bettercareleicester.nhs.uk/
- 5 If you require further information or to arrange media interviews, please contact:
- Melanie Shilton, Head of Communications for the Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland CCGs on 07717 865616 or email PressofficeLLRCCGs@leicestershire.nhs.uk
- Emma Casteleijn, Deputy Director of Communications and Engagement for University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust on 07507 783217 or email email@example.com