Due to the imminent retirement of the current manager, the Wing Village Hall Committee is seeking a local applicant to make sure that the Village Hall is kept up to the current high standards.
This is a paid position.
Purpose of the Role: To manage the general day-to-day maintenance of the hall overseeing any queries and to ensure the hall is in a fit state for hirers.
Management tasks: To be the line manager to both the cleaner and any person supporting the maintenance role by assisting with heavy duty tasks and lawnmowing when required.
Regular activities: The job includes:
- Checking the state of the hall periodically and reporting to the committee of any major issues.
- Tidying up the hall generally, checking for breakages, blown bulbs etc.
- Managing the notice boards and removing litter.
- Checking the postbox and making sure the appropriate member of the committee is informed of any correspondence.
- Checking the janitorial supplies ( cleaners etc.) and topping up as required.
- Checking and replacing paper towels and toilet rolls.
- Monitoring the cleaning and arrange for additional cleaning when required.
- Maintain regular communication with the cleaner and updating her on the weekly bookings so she can organise her time accordingly.
- Scheduling the mowing of the lawn.
Anyone interested in taking on this vital role should contact the Village Hall Committee Chair, Sally Cox ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) Tel: 07976936509, to discuss the extent of these tasks, the timing and the remuneration