Wing Community Centre Annual General Meeting Tuesday 28th May 2019 at 7.30 pm
1. Welcome and Apologies
2. Minutes of AGM held on 21 st May, 2018.
3. Matters arising from above Minutes.
4. Chairman’s Report for year ending March 31 st , 2019
5. Treasurer’s Report for year ending March 31 st , 2019
6. Election of Committee for year May 2019/20 (7 places plus 2 trustee representatives).
Sally Cox – Chair – The Old Hall, Wing, Rutland.
We are pleased to announce that Angie Woods ( email@example.com ) will be taking over from Paul Brewer as the Village Hall Manager and Caretaker, effective 14th July.
We wish to thank Paul for all the work he has done for the hall over the last few years and his help for all in the village will continue.
Due to the imminent retirement of the current manager, the Wing Village Hall Committee is seeking a local applicant to make sure that the Village Hall is kept up to the current high standards.
This is a paid position.
Purpose of the Role: To manage the general day-to-day maintenance of the hall overseeing any queries and to ensure the hall is in a fit state for hirers.
Management tasks: To be the line manager to both the cleaner and any person supporting the maintenance role by assisting with heavy duty tasks and lawnmowing when required.
Regular activities: The job includes:
- Checking the state of the hall periodically and reporting to the committee of any major issues.
- Tidying up the hall generally, checking for breakages, blown bulbs etc.
- Managing the notice boards and removing litter.
- Checking the postbox and making sure the appropriate member of the committee is informed of any correspondence.
- Checking the janitorial supplies ( cleaners etc.) and topping up as required.
- Checking and replacing paper towels and toilet rolls.
- Monitoring the cleaning and arrange for additional cleaning when required.
- Maintain regular communication with the cleaner and updating her on the weekly bookings so she can organise her time accordingly.
- Scheduling the mowing of the lawn.
Anyone interested in taking on this vital role should contact the Village Hall Committee Chair, Sally Cox ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) Tel: 07976936509, to discuss the extent of these tasks, the timing and the remuneration
Can ALL the events that plan to use the Village Hall, even the Parish Council, the Village Hall Committee, and the Neighbourhood Plan, although they use the hall without charge, please make a booking through the Booking Clerk, Sarah O’Boyle, as although the public are welcome as observers, they usually are only are aware of these meetings via word of mouth. All bookings should appear on the Events Calendar.